Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs – Grand Chief By-Election Notice
October 18, 2022
Treaty One Territory, Manitoba
Treaty One Territory, Manitoba – In accordance with the AMC Election rules and the decision of the Executive Council of Chiefs on October 18, 2022, the following persons will appear on the Ballot as candidates for the upcoming election on October 26, 2022.
Grand Chief Candidates
- EASTMAN, Eugene
- FLETT, Jennifer
- KEMP, George
- MERRICK, Cathy
- MORGAN, Cora
- NORTH, Sheila
- SHORTING, Darrell N.
Please note the following:
- The AMC General Assembly Election is scheduled for October 25th, 26th, and 27th 2022, at Wyndham Garden Hotel Airport, 460 Madison Avenue, Long Plain First Nation.
- The voting will be held on the second date of the Assembly on October 26, 2022.
- All Candidates Forum will be conducted on the first day of the Assembly October 25th, 2022.
- Rules of the Candidates Assembly are as follows:
- The nominator of each candidate shall have five (5) minutes to introduce the candidate.
- Each candidate shall have ten (10) minutes to speak.
- The Chief Elector Officer shall draw lots to determine the speaking order.
- After the candidates have spoken the Chief Electoral Officer shall allow the registered chiefs or proxies to ask questions for at least one half (1/2) hour.
- Each candidate may appoint in writing a scrutineer who may be present at the polling place.
- Campaign material is not permitted in the polling place and the Chief Electoral Officer shall remove any material that is in the polling place or remove a person who is distributing campaign material who is in possession of campaign material while being present in the polling place.
- A Chief or proxy must register to vote. The time for registration shall open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 1:00 p.m. on the date of the election. Voting will commence after close of registration. Voting shall be open for at least one (1) hour.
- Only a Chief or his or her proxy who is registered may vote. Attached is the required proxy form that must be completed.
If you have any questions concerning the election process contact:
Harold Cochrane, Q.C.