Notice to all Manitoba First Nations & Proxy Designation Form
July 6, 2021
Treaty One Territory, Manitoba
Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs Grand Chief and Regional Chief Election
Notice to all Manitoba First Nations
The following persons will appear on the Ballot as candidates for the upcoming election on July 13 and July 14, 2021.
Grand Chief Candidates
1. DUMAS, Arlen
2. HARPER, David
3. NORTH, Sheila
Regional Chief Candidates
1. BATSON, Karen
2. MERRICK, Cathy
3. SHORTING, Darrell
4. WOODHOUSE, Cindy
Please note the following:
1. The AMC General Assembly Election is scheduled for July 13 and July 14, 2021, at Long Plain First Nation.
2. The voting will be held on the second date of the Assembly on July 14, 2021.
3. All Candidates Form will be conducted on the first day of the Assembly July 13, 2021.
4. Rules of the Candidates Assembly are as follows:
a) The nominator of each candidate shall have five (5) minutes to introduce the candidate.
b) Each candidate shall have ten (10) minutes to speak.
c) The Chief Elector Officer shall draw lots to determine the speaking order.
d) After the candidates have spoken the Chief Electoral Officer shall allow the registered chiefs or proxies to ask questions for at least one half (1/2) hour.
5. Each candidate may appoint in writing a scrutineer who may be present at the polling place.
6. Campaign material is not permitted in the polling place and the Chief Electoral officer shall remove any material that is in the polling place or remove a person who is distributing campaign material who is in possession of campaign material while being present in the polling place.
7. A Chief or proxy must register to vote. The time for registration shall open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 1:00 p.m. on the date of the election. Voting will commence after close of registration. Voting shall be open for at least one (1) hour.
8. Only a Chief or his or her proxy who is registered may vote. Attached is the required proxy form that must be completed.