Manitoba Tipi Mitawa Home Ownership Program
August 5, 2020
Treaty One Territory, Manitoba
Manitoba Tipi Mitawa is a Manitoban First Nations, first-time homebuyers’ program created through a partnership between The Manitoba Real Estate Association and the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs.
To qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- Have dependents* living in your household
- Be a first-time home buyer
- Be a member of a Manitoba First Nation
- Agree to a voluntary credit report
- Be continuously employed full time for the past two years
- Have a minimum household annual income (excluding social assistance) of $35,000 to a maximum household annual income of $84,600
- Attend financial literacy, home maintenance, and home purchase orientation sessions (approximately 40 hours)
- Be willing to purchase a home (minimum two bedroom) within Winnipeg or Brandon city Limits, or other major urban centres provided the applicant attends all educational courses
- Agree to use a registered member firm of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) for the mandatory home inspection
- Be willing to participate in a public relations program for Manitoba Tipi Mitawa
- Have a minimum of $5,000 for deposit
- In addition to the requirements above, selection is also based on creditworthiness (income, credit score, credit history, debt ratio, etc.).
*A person under the age of 22, or a person under the age of 26 who is registered in full-time study, or a person of any age who is recognized as a dependent of someone in the household for income tax purposes
Please contact: email@example.com or 204.772.0405 for more information or to apply.