FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Second Harvest Food Rescue – Emergency Funding 2021
February 3, 2021
Treaty One Territory, Manitoba
Second Harvest has received an additional $8 million from the Government of Canada’s Emergency Food Security Fund, to help improve access to healthy food to charities and non-profits supporting people experiencing food insecurity.
This funding is an extension of COVID-19 Emergency Relief which began in March 2020. Since the start of the pandemic, Second Harvest has provided over $20 million in financial support to community organizations across Canada.
If you have funding questions, please email email@example.com
- Canadian Non-Profit Organizations, Registered Charities, Indigenous Groups/Organizations, Towns/Municipalities/Hamlets are eligible to apply for funding.
- You must not be a member of, or applied for emergency funding in 2021 from the following organizations:
- Food Banks Canada and their affiliates
- Community Food Centres Canada
- Salvation Army
- Breakfast Clubs of Canada
- The funding must go towards food programming (food related expenses and operating costs) with an objective to facilitate access to safe and nutritious food for at-risk populations.
- Funding must be spent by December 31, 2021.
Eligible applicants must apply by February 28th, 2021 at 11:59pm PST.
Funding Project: Has a demand for food/services been clearly demonstrated? Will the proposed project address food insecurity and directly support access to safe and nutritious food?
Budget: Does the grant budget reflect eligible and reasonable costs for the proposed project? Are expenses related to the successful delivery food programming?
Potential Impact: Does the project offer direct, meaningful benefit to the recipients or anticipated number of individuals? Are you reaching under-served populations? Will the organization increase its capacity to provide healthy and nutritious food as a result of the funding project?
Project Feasibility: Is there a clear explanation of the funding project and the methods for execution? Will desired results be achieved within the project timeline?