Elections FAQ

October 21, 2019

Treaty One Territory, Manitoba

AMC Communications

Here are some frequently asked questions to help prepare you to vote on Monday, October 20, 2019:

I don’t have my voter information card. Can I still vote?

YES! You don’t need a voter information card to vote. However, you do need to be registered to vote in a federal election.

If you registered, you should have received a voter information card in the mail. It tells you where and when you can vote. You can also register at your assigned polling station just before you vote on election day, Monday, October 21.

Bring your voter information card with you, along with accepted ID, to make the voting process easier.

What ID do I bring?

Be prepared with two pieces of ID. These can include a driver’s license, a status card, a health card, a utility bill or a Letter of Confirmation of Residence signed by your Chief and Council.

I don’t have ID, can I still vote?

YES! If you don’t have ID, you can still vote if you declare your identity and address in writing and have someone vouch for you who knows you and who is assigned to your polling station.

The voucher must be able to prove their identity and address. A person can vouch for only one person (except in long-term care institutions).

For more information visit: https://elections.ca/home.aspx