The EAGLE Urban Transition Centre (EUTC) was created by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs in 2005. The primary goal of the EUTC is to act as a culturally relevant and non-discriminatory gateway for Indigenous people transitioning into an urban centre. The EUTC office is focused on providing a single window from which clients receive support, advocacy and access to needed programs in their efforts to achieve independent living.
The EUTC advocates for Indigenous individuals facing transitional challenges to have access to resources that promote a balanced and healthy life. This encompasses support in the areas of physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional well-being.
- To improve the quality of life for Indigenous people and their families in an urban environment.
- To provide holistic support, which covers the four aspects of the individual: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
- To provide support, which incorporates both traditional and contemporary methods to meet the needs of all clients.
- To work as a team both internally and with the community at large, for society to better respond to the needs of Indigenous people.
- To provide advocacy and access to opportunities leading to economic independence.
- To create a supportive, welcoming and trusting environment for clients, staff and partner organizations.
- To recognize and promote pride in the Indigenous identity of First Nations, Métis and Inuit people and communities.
- Access to computers with internet
- Free Connect 2 Voicemail Services
- Access to up-to-date listings of: employment opportunities, rental listings and applications, education and training opportunities, listing of events and gatherings, email networking
- Assistance with printing, faxing and mailing
- Call to book an appointment with our Elder
- Advocacy and referrals to other services
- Disability resources
- A Healing Room: provides a private and comfortable area to practice traditional and contemporary spirituality
200-275 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B2B3
204-954-3050 (main line)
1-866-345-1883 (toll free)